I apologize that I haven't been doing much in the way of blogging since the new year! These last four months have challenged, grown, and encouraged me as an artist! I'd like to take the time to share some of the creative adventures that have been keeping me busy in 2013! I hope they'll be inspiring to you and that as summer approaches,you'll keep taking steps in the pursuit of your own dreams!
|Festival of Women Authors 2013|
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Four speakers
- Book sales/signings
- AND raffle prizes!
- Opportunity to meet and connect with other writers & supportive members of the community!
- The affirmation and empowerment that comes from being in a room full of women with a passion for the literary arts!
- A reminder that we all have stories that can inspire the world around us-we just have to be brave enough to share them!
Next: A Class in Method Writing at the San Francisco Writers Grotto!
|Jack Grapes' Book on Method Writing|
- Location, Location, Location! This class is right on 2nd street in the SOMA district of SF-convenient to BART and bus transportation!
- 2 months of creative writing, reading, sharing, and snacks each week thanks to the amazing Alexandra Kostoulas!
- The opportunity to read your own work during a final celebration at Book Passage in the SF Ferry Building!
- Being challenged to write about your experiences and ideas in a way that is open and authentic-learning to let go of fear about what other people might think!
- Staying real-writing how you talk!
- The chance to learn not only from Jack Grapes' method but also from the "methods" of the larger writing community!
Both the Festival of Women Authors as well as the Grotto's Method Writing class left me with the essential principle that every creative soul should have etched in their hearts:
DARE TO KEEP GOING!